Just so you know we are not affiliated to any of the insurance
We believe that enjoyment and safety are equally important when travelling with the AB Sports Tours, it is, therefore, one of our terms and conditions of booking that you have adequate travel insurance in place before you travel with us.
The AB Sports Sports Tours strongly recom
If you are in the process of booking The AB Sports tour or have already booked you may want to consider what level of insurance protection you have in place in case the worst were to happen. As a customer of The AB Sports we would always recommend you purchase adequate and fit for purpose travel insurance. Please ensure that your policy provides full cover for your sports activities
What should the insurance policy cover?
The insurance policy should covers at least the following:
- your policy should pay your emergency medical bills and hospital costs if you are taken ill or have an accident
. Yourpolicy should cover the cost of bringing a close relative to visit you following a medical emergency.
- Your policy should include emergency dental treatment for the immediate relief of pain
If you cancel the tour prior to arrival due to an accident, illness or sickness you should be able to claim back the costs of pre-paid travel and accommodation
Cover for your own or hired equipment in the event of loss theft or damage
You should be reimbursed if your luggage is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged
You can purchase insurance at any point up until your departure date, however we strongly recommend that you book it when you book your tour, so that it will cover you in the event of insured reasons for cancellation such as illness or an accident preventing you from travelling.
You will be given the opportunity to add insurance to your package with us at the point of booking your tour, if however you wish to add the insurance at a later date please complete the below application form and email it to [email protected]
We strongly recommend that you read all the insurance policy documents so you understand the full details of the benefits and exclusions that apply to the policy.
Generally speaking, most of the insurance policy should include:
- £1m emergency medical expenses and repatriation cover – including injuries occurring whilst participating in sport
- £1000 baggage and personal effects cover – this can be increased to £2,500
- Specialist sporting equipment cover – £200 worth of cover included as standard which can be increased up to £5,600
- Cancellation and curtailment cover – should you no longer be able to travel or need to cut a trip short due to injury or illness
- Personal liability – should you injure a third party or damage their property and they opt to sue you
- To find out more and obtain a quote, talk to different insurance providers. We recommend arranging insurance as soon as you book so that cover is in place for any unforeseen events immediately.
If you already have general travel insurance in place, but it does not include cover for your specific sport(s) / activity(s), there are specialist insurance providers who can also offer Activity TopUp that can provide that cover. You can take this out to cover for the day(s) you will be doing the activity and in